When thinking of selling your property there are options you may want to consider.
Tax-Deferred Exchange is a way to defer your taxes from the sale of an income property or even a piece of land for another like kind property. This is not applicable on a primary residence. For current information on this option go to: http://www.realtor.org/libweb.nsf/pages/fg408
Reverse Mortgage - to qualify for a Reverse Mortgage, the property will need to be your primary residence and you will need to be 62 years of age. For more information on Reverse Mortgages go to: http://www.aarp.org/money/revmort/